Search the dm+d
In the search field, start typing the name of a drug or medical device.
Click on a concept name in the results to show/hide all its children.
Click on Information to view dm+d information about a concept or product.
Results appear in the following format:
Top-level drug family / Virtual Therapeutic Moiety (VTM)
Route of administration
Virtual Medicinal Product (VMP)
Search terms can be entered in any order. The following search terms will work.
- Partial names: Ciclo 25 will return Ciclosporin 250mg/5ml solution for infusion ampoules and Ciclosporin 25mg capsules.
Aspi tab will return all Aspirin VMPs in tablet form.
- Brand names
- dm+d identifiers (VTMID, VPID or APID)
- Sizes, colours or product codes where available
- GTIN / EAN barcodes where available
Groups with no top-level drug family
The ∅ character marks concepts which are not linked to a top-level drug family. These include:
- single medical gases;
- medicines with four active ingredients or more;
- most medical devices; and
- generic representations of products with two active ingredients or more, which do not have a name based on international non-proprietary names.
For example: Oxygen, Vitamin B compound strong tablets.
Scan barcodes with a camera
Click on to activate your camera.
Scan a GTIN / EAN barcode (13 or 14 digits) from a pharmaceutical package.
Scanning works better with a clean package in a brightly lit environment.
Be aware that currently not all products have their GTIN barcode registered in the dm+d database.